LearnDash Pay For Quiz/Certificate - Overview
The LearnDash Pay For Quiz/Certificate add-on allows you to sell LearnDash quizzes, quiz certificates, and course certificates. You can also offer students free tries for quizzes before they purchase quiz access. The add-on supports WooCommerce and Paypal as payment gateways.
- Install and activate the LearnDash LMS plugin.
- Install and activate the WooCommerce plugin.
- Install and activate the LearnDash Pay For Quiz/Certificate Addon.
- You will see a new sub-menu titled “Pay for Quiz/Certificate” under the LearnDash LMS menu on the WP Dashboard.
Pay For Quiz/Certificate:
Before you continue to configure this add-on, make sure your PayPal business account is configured correctly with LearnDash LMS. To do this, follow LearnDash LMS’s official documentation on PayPal settings.
Once your Paypal account is configured, navigate to LearnDash LMS > Pay For Quiz/Certificate to configure the setting options for this add-on.
Go to the Licence Settings tab to add and activate the product’s License Key. The License Key can be found in the email you received when you purchased the add-on. Add your license key in the corresponding field and click on Activate.
Go to the General Settings tab from the settings page to view the general settings.
- Select LearnDash Paypal if you want to use LearnDash Paypal’s payment gateway.
- Select WooCommerce if you want to accept payments through WooCommerce Checkouts using all the payment gateways configured with WooCommerce.
Allow Selling Quiz:
If this option is enabled, quiz access will be restricted and available for purchase. A payment button will be displayed on the front-end.
Allow Selling Certificate:
If this option is enabled, certificate access will be restricted and available for purchase. A payment button will be displayed on the front-end.
Allow Free Quiz Attempts:
Specify the number of free tries you want to offer students before they purchase quiz access.
Go to the Quiz Settings tab from the settings page to view the quiz settings options for the add-on.
Here you can select the courses for which you want to accept payments for quizzes.
To accept payments for a quiz attempt, select the specific quizzes you want to sell in this field.
Price(s) for selected Quizzes:
Here you can configure the price you will charge for each quiz attempt.
Note: Configuring payments for quiz access will automatically generate a WooCommerce product linked with the respective quiz access.
Go to the Certificate Settings tab from the settings page to view the certificate settings options for the add-on.
Here you can select the courses for which you want to accept payments for certificates.
Here you can add and select the course certificates for which you want to enable the payments.
Price(s) for selected Certificates:
Here you can configure the amount that users will pay to obtain course and quiz certificates.
Note: Configuring payments for certificate downloads will automatically generate a WooCommerce product linked with the respective certificate download access.
In this tab, you can configure the PayPal settings required to manage payments.
Here you can insert the Identity Token for your PayPal account.
To get your PayPal’s Identity Token, follow these steps:
- Log into your PayPal Business account.
- Navigate to Account Settings > Website Payments from the top-right icon.
- Click on Update in front of the Website Preferences.
- Turn on the auto - return to enable PDT (Payment data transfer) and enter your site’s URL on which you want your student to redirect after purchasing the quiz attempt or the certificate.
- Turn On the Payment Data Transfer.
- Pressing the save button in the one-step above will display the identity token here.
- Set up the rest of the options as per your will.
- Copy the Identity token to use it further.
The Payments tab will contain the transaction history of all your quiz and certificate sales.
Note: If the payment status is not updated, you can simply hover over the transaction and click on the “Verify Payment” link to refresh the status.