LearnDash Retake Quiz - Overview
The following are the step by step instructions to setup LearnDash Retake Quizzes Addon.
- Install and activate the “LearnDash” plugin.
- Install and activate the “LearnDash Retake Quiz” add-on.
- A new sub-menu “Retake Quiz” will appear, under the LearnDash LMS menu
- Click on “Retake Quiz” to configure the Learndash Retake Quiz Settings.
Learndash Retake Quiz Settings:
License Key Settings:
The license key of LearnDash Retake Quizzes can be entered in LearnDash > Retake Quiz > License Option. By registering a valid license, the user will get automatic updates.
Using this LearnDash Retake Quiz Settings section, you can enable/disable the LearnDash retake quiz add-on’s main features.
Allow Retake Quizzes:
This option allows you to enable/disable the retake quiz functionality. The user/student can retake the quiz unless all the questions are correctly answered by enabling this option. Only the incorrect questions will show on the retake.
Disallow Completion Message:
This option allows you to disable the quiz completion message to be displayed at the end of any quiz.
Allow Quiz Delay:
This option allows you to enable/disable the quiz delay feature. The user/student has to wait until the defined time for the next attempt by enabling this option.
Allow Negative Marking:
This option allows you to enable/disable the negative marking functionality. By enabling this option, you will be able to deduct the LearnDash points if the user/student marks an incorrect answer.
This option allows negative marking If any user gives an incorrect answer. To do so, you have to follow these steps:
- Navigate to LearnDash LMS > Retake Quiz > Enable/Disable Features option from the WP dashboard.
- Check “Yes” for “Allow Negative Marking?”.
- Update the settings.
- Go to the desired question edit page from WP Dashboard > LearnDash LMS > Questions.
- On the right side, there is a “Negative Marking” meta box.
Add negative points in the “Points” option. These points will be deducted only if the user answers the question incorrectly.
- Update or Publish the question.
Allow Retake Limit:
This option lets you enable/disable the limit the number of quiz retakes a user can attempt.
Allow Retake Logs:
This option lets you enable/disable the quiz retakes log.
General Settings will be available if the corresponding options from the Enable/Disable Features tab are checked.
Allow Retake Quizzes To specific Groups, Courses, Lessons, and Topics:
This option allows you to retake quizzes of specific selected groups, courses, lessons, and topics only.
- Check “Yes,” Four more fields will be shown, “Specific Groups,” “Specific Courses,” Specific Lessons,” and “Specific Topics.”
- Choose courses/lessons/topics to narrow down the allowed quizzes for the retake quiz option.
LearnDash retakes quiz settings will be only for selected courses/lessons/topics.
Here you can choose the quizzes for retake quiz option.
If you select a quiz or quizzes here then retake quiz add-on’s functionality will be applied only on the selected quiz/quizzes. If no quiz selected here then the retake quiz option will be applied to all quizzes.
Quiz Retake Delay:
Quiz retake delay will stop the user to retake a particular quiz repeatedly. The user will be unable to take the particular quiz until the delay time.
Quiz Retake Limit:
Quiz retake limit will set a limit for the number of retakes of the quiz. The user will be unable to retake the quiz if the number of retakes gets equal to the number of retakes limit.
The retake quiz add-on’s functionality will be disabled for the selected quiz only. You can choose multiple quizzes.
The retake quiz add-on’s functionality will be disabled for the selected user only. You can select multiple users.
The retake quiz add-on’s functionality will be disabled for the selected group only. You can select multiple groups.
Restricted Quizzes for retake by LearnDash Quiz Settings::
If there is any quiz on your LearnDash LMS website and its settings are conflicting with the Retakes Quiz Addon settings, they will be listed here.
Restart Quiz Button is disabled by LearnDash Quiz Settings for Quizzes:
If there is any quiz on your LearnDash LMS website and its restart button’s settings are conflicting with the Retakes Quiz add-on settings, they will be listed here.
From here, the user can set the custom message he/she wishes to be displayed only when the Allow Retake Quizzes feature is enabled, and the user has completed the quiz.
Delete Retake Quiz Data:
From here, the user can delete the quiz data. There are two options supported by the plugin.
- Delete Users Retake Quiz Data: This deletes data from the users. This selection offers further two options.
- Delete all user’s data
- Delete specific users data
- Delete quizzes Retake Quiz Data: This deletes the quiz data for the quizzes. This selection offers further two options.
- Delete All Quizzes data
- Delete Specific quizzes data
Retake Quiz Logs:
This tab will be available if you have allowed the log entries for the retake quiz plugin. This tab will contain the log entries on the use of the Retake Quiz plugin.