LearnDash Question Tree Categories - Overview
The LearnDash Question Tree Categories add-on lets you assign multiple categories to a single LearnDash question. This add-on further lets you create LearnDash Quizzes based on the assigned question categories.
- Install and activate the LearnDash plugin.
- Install and activate the LearnDash Question Tree Categories Add-on.
- A New Multi Category Hierarchymenu will be added to the LearnDash menu.
All the categories created using this add-on will be listed under the Categories tab. If you click on any category from this list, you will be redirected to the list of questions belonging to the selected category.
Note: The page opens in a new tab by default. You can enable the “Open category on current tab” option if you want to open the list of questions on the same page.
You can configure the add-on’s license key from the “license” tab. Enter a valid license key in the corresponding field to receive automatic updates for this add-on.
Creating and Assigning Question categories:
- Navigate to “Questions” from the LearnDash menu and select the “Multiple Question Categories” option from the Action dropdown on the top right.
- Enter the category’s name, description and select a parent category, if any.
- Click the “Add new category” button.
You can also create categories by navigating to any question and using the “Multi Question Category” meta-box displayed on the right.
- Select the desired category for the question. You can select more than one category for a single question.
- Click update.
Creating Category based quizzes:
This add-on allows you to create category based quizzes, in which you can add questions from multiple categories as selected.
- Navigate to LearnDash Quizzes and select “Add New”.
- There will be a new meta box of “Multi Questions per Category”. The categories containing the questions will be listed here.
- The counter field lets you select the number of questions to be included in the quiz, from the categories displayed.
- If you select some questions (not all) from a category, the questions included will be selected randomly.
Note: Configuring the metabox above will disable the default LearnDash Quiz Builder and the questions added or ordered through the quiz builder will not be displayed on the front-end. You can use the default LearnDash Quiz builder if you set the question counters as “0” in front of the categories on the “Multi Questions per category” meta box on the Quiz edit page.