Moodle2LearnDash - Overview
Moodle to LearnDash migration addons is a complete migration tool to import Moodle LMS course data into LearnDash LMS, this plugin allows existing Moodle website owners to migrate their website data into LearnDash LMS powered by WordPress.
There are total two plugins. Moodle2WordPress plugin should be installed on the moodle site while Moodle2LearnDash plugin will be installed on the WordPress site.
The following are the step by step instructions to set up the Moodle2WordPress plugin.
- Go to Site Administration > Plugins > Install Plugin.
- Upload the Moodle2WordPress plugin file and click on Install plugin from the zip file.
- Click on continue.
- Click on the Upgrade Moodle database now.
- Click on continue.
How to Install Moodle2WordPress Plugin Tutorial:
How to create user token:
The following are the step by step instructions to create a user token.
- Go to Site Administration > Plugins > Web Services > Overview.
- Go to Enable Web Services and enable the option and save changes.
- Go to Enable Protocol and enable Rest Protocol and save changes.
- Go to Select a Service > Moodle2WordPress > Authorised Users and add the admin user from Not Authorised Users to Authorised users.
- Go to Create a token for a user and select Admin user in the user field and select Moodle2WordPress in the Service and save changes.
The following are the step by step instructions to set up the Moodle2LearnDash plugin.
- Install the LearnDash plugin & activate it.
- Install the Moodle2LearnDash plugin and activate it.
- The new Moodle2LearnDash menu will show on the menu.
Plugin’s settings can be configured from LearnDash > Moodle2LearnDash. First of all the Moodle API URL and Moodle API Token must be added to create a connection between the Moodle site to the WordPress site.
Moodle API URL can be created by simply adding webservice/rest/server.php to your moodle website URL
And for Moodle API Token please refer to How to create a user token section.
All the courses will be imported from moodle site to WordPress site by clicking on the import button. The courses that meet the LearnDash course hierarchy will be imported only.
For example: A Moodle course containing a lesson and a quiz will be imported but a course containing chat/forum and other activities that are not supported in LearnDash will not be imported. In this case, only the course will be imported but not the chat/forum and other activities.
All the users will be imported from the Moodle site to WordPress site by clicking on the import button.
Import Course Progress:
User's course progress and enrollment will be imported from Moodle site to WordPress site by clicking on the import button.
If a user completed one lesson out of three in the moodle site, so after importing the course progress the user’s course progress will remain the same i.e one lesson completed out of three.